Monday, March 10, 2008

Le 19ème Arrondissement

I know I haven't updated lately, but I've mostly been just doing class, and hanging out. I've been a few places in Paris during the day after I get out of class but I haven't had my camera for much of it.

Last week Cao and I went to the 19th Arrondissement. The reason we went was to see a huge silver ball. We found it. It was huge. And Silver. I think it's a theater that you go inside and the film is projected on the ceiling of the globe, like those dome IMAX theaters. It was pretty cool to behold.



After that we walked around in the area for a while. The area is fairly modern and there were a ton of contemporary structures around. The area is home to Paris' Science museum, so that explains a bit of the weirdness.

One thing I liked the best was a huge sculptured bike partially hidden underground. From a distance we just saw the seat and I thought it was just some stupid abstract weirdness. Once we got up close I noticed the tire then started figuring out that the whole thing was a bike. Pretty cool actually.


The area was also home to "tree houses without the trees." Basically they were big protruding red metal structures. They had stairs and elevators to get up in them and most of them were connected by elevated walkways. The area was definitely interesting. I kind of want to go back once its warmer out. It could be a fun place to hang out and throw a frisbee around or something. That is, if the French have frisbees. Also on one of the "treehouses" we found a potentially offensive sign. I'm not exactly sure what they were going for with it, but my first thought was kicking a person in a wheelchair. Who knows.



Kaley is coming from Friday until the next so we'll end up doing a lot of touring and sight seeing you there should be plenty of photos from that, so it doesn't get too boring around here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im coming soon!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA i tried to figure out what was going on in that sign.. who knows.