Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Eiffel Tower & The Trocadéro

Internet access has been fairly scarce the past two days. Yesterday the Internet I was mooching from my apartment died and I haven't been able to get back on, and as a I write this I'm at McDonalds unable to get on. So, we'll see where I am when I get to actually post this.

Aside from lack of Internet the past two days have been fairly slow. Yesterday I hung out around the apartment most of the day, then went to the Louvre for about an hour and a half with Alix. We only checked out the top floor but we'll have plenty of time to go back to see the rest.

On the way back we made a pit-stop at the Franklin D. Roosevelt metro stop. I finally found Fraisoos! I'd been looking for Fraisoos and Pom Pooms (strawberry and Apple flavored candies) since I arrived but wasn't having very good luck. I saw some the night before in a vending machine at another metro stop, but it wouldn't let me buy them! I finally got a pack of Fraisoos though, and they were delicious, despite being a bit stale.



Today I slept in and hung around the apartment for a bit. Then I headed out and walked around for a few hours. I hung around the Trocadéro and the Eiffel Tower for a few minutes, but they were really busy so I just set off aimlessly.





I walked for quite a while in a fairly empty part of the 7e arrondissement which was filled with a bunch of foreign embassies. After a while it started getting a bit boring because there wasn't much of interest to see so I wandered my way to a metro and went back to the apartment to make dinner.

I just had a bowl of pasta with some fairly terrible Monoprix (a french supermarché) tomato sauce. Then I immediately ran back out to see a movie in the 10e. I saw In the Valley of Elah, which I had been wanting to see for a while. Tommy Lee Jones was good, but with a few exceptions the rest of the acting was abysmal. Plus it kept coming back to some unbelievably trite 'footage from Iraq.' I guess it wasn't a complete waste because it was only 4€.

I have some videos and stuff from the day to show but I need to edit them so I'll post them at a later date. Also check out some panoramas from today! Also, I'm at my second McDonalds of the night posting this haha.


le Trocadéro


le Tour Eiffel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the panorama of the Eiffel Tower is now my new desktop background :-D i cant wait to see it in person with you!! <3

Neil said...

Hi!

We are students in the school of architecture of Grenoble, France, and we'd like to know if it is possible to use one of your pictures as a background in an architectural contest.. We found on the web one of your pictures and as we are working in a project that require such a nice image and we really need it. If you need it, we could send you the picture back with our intervention (we have to designe a new Eiffel tower).
You'll find here some explanations about the Contest here : http://www.fondationsocietetoureiffel.org/Concours.html

Thanks in advance for your comprehension


Neil
Nicolas
Bruno

Unknown said...

You can use it as long as you give me credit for the photo.

- Brian Masi