Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tour Montparnasse, etc.

Today I woke up to some good news about THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS!!!! But I don't want to gloat so much that I lose readership, haha :-p. Anyways, I hung out around the apartment for lunch then met Cao in the Quatier Latin in the afternoon. We looked around for a backpack for her travels and I got a map of Brussels for tomorrow!

We also went to the Tour Montparnasse, which I believe is the tallest building in Paris. That is, however, if you don't count the Tour Eiffel, which is just a big metal structure.




Afterwards we rode the 5 line to Oberkampf and walked around a bit. Supposedly theres some decent cafés and bars there, but we didn't notice too too many. We did see a pretty crazily colored building which is pictured below. We didn't stay too long in that area because we wanted to get food stuffs for dinner at Cao's apartment and meet up with Adam and Alix.



We met up in a Monoprix with Alix and by a miniature Statue of Liberty with Adam. Then we proceeded to take the wrong train and took three more to get to where we were going, no loss tho, just makes the value of our Passe Navigo better! haha We had a pretty serious pasta and zuccini dinner with cheese and wine etc. It was a lot of fun to get to hang out in an apartment instead of a café for once!

Anyways, this post was more like one last one to get rid of some pictures from today and remind everyone that I'm going to Belgium until Thursday as of tomorrow! So I'll hopefully have a ton of pictures of my trip when I get back. One last thing, I have a new street performer video that I was planning on posting yesterday but couldn't!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that you next to the building looking up?

Unknown said...

yep

Anonymous said...

damn and i always thought you were tall ;-)