Saturday, January 12, 2008

2 Days in London

Update: I'm in Cannes now, I didn't get to post this because my internet time ran out. So this is from my last night in London. I'll update in a few days about Cannes.

So, I've had two days in London, tomorrow we're leaving. They've been pretty good.

Yesterday we arrived in London around 10am local time and got to the hotel around 12pm. We couldn't check in so we had to walk around for a bit first. The day wasn't too busy we hung out at the hotel for a while, then I tried to nap for a while, you'll see more about that below. I walked around by the hotel for a little bit, then we had a program meeting with drinks which was fun. I got to know some people and then ended going out with a group of people, including my roommate Joe.

We went to dinner at a Indian place. I had Chicken Jalfrezi. It was good. I haven't had Indian food in a long time actually. So here's some stuff from day one in London. I hope you like my video, it's retarded haha.




The view out my hotel room


The London Tower


Tower Bridge


More Tower Bridge


Across the Thames


Even more Tower Bridge


So day two we went on a tour in the morning. It was pretty nice, informative, interesting, and fun. The guide was pretty cool and I took a decent amount of pictures. After the tour we went to the British Museum which was awesome. There was lots of history, Roman, Greek, Egyptian, etc. We ate some fish & chips which were better than the bs ones I had yesterday. We also went to the National History Museum, which was also awesome. For dinner we went to Hung, Drawn, and Quartered, a sweet pub. The food was really good, but they put mayo on everything in England so that sucked, but it was nice and the beer was very good.

There are some pictures and a video of the changing of the guard to follow. Enjoy.


Parliment






Big Ben


Monument at Buckingham Palace


The Rosetta Stone


An Egyptian Mummy


...


Megatherium Amcericanum, an extinct giant sloth from South America



Tomorrow we leave for Nice then Cannes, it should be awesome. Hopefully the internet will be more regular, I hope to update regularly and take a bunch of pictures.

3 comments:

No Name said...

Where are you headed to next? The pictures are really nice; the architecture is amazing. Also, I keep missing when you IM me, lol. I'm either AFK or sleeping, so don't get discouraged in continuing to IM me.

Have fun!

No Name said...

Oh, effing lol @ the first video. It sounds like they were doing construction right above or right on the same floor as you, which blows.

What's the parade thing celebrating in the second video?

Unknown said...

Its just the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. The guards on duty march out in a parade and the guards coming on duty march in. They do it every other day as a parade apparently.