Friday, January 18, 2008

One Week in Cannes

So I've been in Cannes one week now. I'm looking forward to Paris, but I could easily stay here for the semester, especially when Spring comes around. It's been at least 50° almost everyday. Today it was about 60° and the sun is amazing. The area is beautiful.

I'm studying at Le Collège International de Cannes, and its right on the water. Just just have to walk down the alley that the school is on and cross under train tracks and we're at the Mediterranean, so nice. The city is also awesome. A few minutes walk to this alley way in the older part of the city which is filled with shops and cafés. We ate at one the other night for dinner and yesterday Adam, Alix, Cao and I had a nice picnic by le mer. We had cheese, bread, wine and fruit, pretty sweet I thought. The wine was 8€ and was really good. Also, I finally attempted to like mustard, and I liked it. We got this pack of 5 different flavors, so good.

Today right after lunch we went down to the water and took a quick dip. I definitely could have stayed in a bit more than we did. I went in twice for a few seconds, but it really wasn't that cold. It was fun, my first time in the Mediterranean and my first time in the water in January. Tomorrow we have an excursion to Monaco, which should be pretty fun. It's nice that it's free.

I have some stuff for you to check out below. A decent amount of pictures and some videos to spy. Also, I took a ton of pictures of the sea and made them into a panorma. It's supposed to be 360° but you just have to scroll across it. There are some obvious seams and different colors (especially photos with a lot of sun) but it's still really cool. Click to make it bigger.


This is my room


This is the view out our balcony


This is more out the balcony. The buildings on the left are our classrooms.


Even more. Thats 'Le Bar' we can drink and play pool or ping pong there.


This is Cao


We cut her hair.


Video below if you're interested


Here is the Mediterranean


We swam in it


La côte


Rocks


Sunset


Panorama





1 comment:

Unknown said...

That panorama is really nice. You should definitely take more of them.

Was Cao satisfied with her haircut? You guys took off more than I thought you would, haha.