Monday, January 28, 2008

Paris!

So, I'm finally in Paris. It's pretty awesome, I must say. I've been here since Saturday and I've seen a bunch of the monuments, but I haven't really been actively touring. Also, unfortunately I don't have a way to get photos off of my camera, until I get the cable in the mail. Hopefully, that'll be soon, I have a decent amount to get off, but also I haven't been taking too many just because I have nothing to do with them, plus I'll be here for so long I'll have plenty of time to take photos.

We transfered by train Saturday. It was a pretty long ride, but I slept for part of it, watched The Office on my laptop for a while, ate, and played games, so it wasn't that bad. Papuna (my housemate) and I checked out l'Arc de Triumph that night then we had dinner with our host mother, lady. Later I went out with Cao and Adam for a beer.

The house I'm staying at is pretty nice. There's a lot of space and I got the bigger of the two rooms, with a double bed. There's a ton of closet space, but I don't really get to use any of it, just 4 small shelves.. with no way to hang anything. Also, unfortunately I don't have Internet here, so when I get done typing this, I'll probably go use the Wi-Fi at McDonalds... McDonalds.

The house is in the 16e Arrondissement and is right by the Trocadéro, within walking distance of l'Arc de Triumph, and has a perfect view of la Tour Eiffel. There's also a grocery store (actually like 3) nearby, which is good so I can do some food shopping so I don't have to spend a million dollars eating out every night, although it'd be nice.

As it turns out, I don't have anything to do starting like Friday (or Thursday?) through the following Friday or maybe even Monday. I think I'm going to try to get to Germany, or maybe elsewhere. When I get on the Internet, I'll look up tickets and see what's viable.

Hopefully I get the camera cable soon so I can update with some photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its amanda...

what's your family like??? and your roommate is from...
and are you going to Germany alone?
and hoorah for waiting for mail from best friends!! <3

Anonymous said...

brian i tottaly think you should go to germany its amazinnng go to berlin its really nice and theres alot to do alllso i hear amsterdam is maybe in the plan...whiiich you should so do..but maybe not alone cuz we dont want u yo be coma brian haha but thats beautiful too haha go in the canals and stuff and the anne frank house..along with coffee shops(not really coffee shops) haha have funnN!