Thursday, May 29, 2008

Munich, Germany

I was happy to visit Munich at the end of my journey, but it was really just a lay over between traveling back to Paris. We left Vienna on a night bus to Munich on Sunday night. I expected that we would arrive pretty early, around 7 then spend a bit of time before I had to head to the airport. As it turned out, we got into Munich at 4:30am!

We had to wait for the first metro to show up, then we headed into the city. Cao checked in early to her hostel, and then we hung out there for a little while. Afterwards we headed out to the city to see what we could see. We found a main square with an impressive (church?) and other buildings. We planned on going to a café she had read about that looked out over the square, but it wasn't open. Instead we got coffee and a pastry at another shop. While waiting for Cao to go to the bathroom I started falling asleep in my seat.







After breakfast we headed to a large park in the city. The place is famous for nude sunbathing, but it's mostly just people sunbathing, not nude. It was too early when we got there to get much sun so we walked around like zombies for a while. We found a stone gazaebo type place (I'm sure there's a more Greek word for it, but who knows) and hung out there for a while. We also found two maß (a 1 liter beer mug). We both wanted to take one, but I had no space in my backpack and Cao could only fit one in her bag.





We spent a bit of time sitting around. We were walking (still like zombies) towards one of the only empty benches, and got distracted briefly then someone snuck in under our noses and took it! After laying around for a little while we got lunch in the Beer Garten in the park. I had a bratwurst and some potato salad and a maß.

Afterwards we proceeded to lay in the sun for a few hours.


Around 2 we headed out of the park and I headed to the airport. I didn't have too long to wait and just checked in and killed a bit of time before boarding. The flight was pretty short and they had sandwiches and drinks during the flight. I got home in the evening and concluded my two-week jaunt across Europe. It was great. I was exhausted.

No comments: