Friday, May 30, 2008

The Building Blocks of my Days

So, I was thinking; I blog a lot about the places I go and things I see, but never as much about my day-to-day. The daily routine stuff is mostly over now, but one day I decided to try to take pictures of my normal stuff. I didn't take as many as I would have wanted to to best illustrate a day, but hopefully you will get the idea.

First, I wake up. It's pretty bright in my room and sometimes I go on the Internet for a few minutes before I actually get moving. Then I take a shower and get dressed.


By the time I'm pretty much ready to go I have breakfast. I usually have a bowl of cereal and some water. Depending on what I have for groceries there might also be juice, yogurt, and or toast. Sometimes I get a pastry by where my class is.


My class starts at noon, so around 11:15 I'm out my door. The view is pretty nice.


My first stop is the métro. I get on the line 6 at the station Trocadéro.



I take the 6 to Denfert-Rochereau. There I head through the station past the gypsie woman begging for money. She sits in a wheelchair, I've seen her walking. There I get on the RER B for two stops to Luxembourg.


Next, I get off the RER and head back into the daylight. I head down the road towards class. It's during this walk that I sometimes get a pastry, it's always very good.



Class is two hours long. It's boring. We review homework from the night before for about an hour an a half then do something pointless for the remaining time.



After class I meet Alix in the foyer and we head down rue St. Jacques towards the AIFS office or get food. One day there were burger cars parked on the road, handing out free microwavable burgers. They were bad, but free. Another day we got Moaz which is a vegetarian falafel shop. It's good. We headed to Notre Dame to sit around and eat.




This is generally the time that we meet up with Adam and Cao and do something. We either just get lunch and hang out for a bit, or go see something. Often, these are the smaller things in Paris that I've posted about.

After this I usually head back to my apartment for a while. I hang out in my room for a little, go on the Internet or whatever until dinnertime. If I have dinner at home it is usually pasta. It's the easiest and I don't feel bad about making it. I've always thought I shouldn't monopolize the kitchen making something bigger. Sometimes we meet up for dinner. Some weeks I get fancy about it and get a bottle of wine to go with my dinners. This week I even went as far as getting stuff for salad.



After dinner I either continue hanging out around the apartment or meet back up with everyone to do something. Sometimes we go to a movie, sometimes we meet up for a beer, or hang out outside by the Eiffel Tower (it's the closest for all of us) or on a bridge over the Seine.

Sleep. Repeat. Not too glamorous, but the semester was a ton of fun nonetheless. Plus, it's all in Paris.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wheres italy??

also,

that picture of you in front of notre damn is cute. default it please?

Unknown said...

italy is coming, i'm just lazy/busy at home

and i was planning on using that picture, so it'll see its facebook debut in a while

Anonymous said...

ITALY!!!