Thursday, May 29, 2008

Parents Visit!

So a brief break from catching up on my travels to let you know that my parents are currently here visiting me and Paris. They arrived Monday morning. I was late picking them up, but we got situated in the hotel and visited Sacré Coeur. So far we've done some good stuff, mostly touristy, but I don't mind being the tour guide in the city.

The semester also finished on Tuesday. I had an Oral Exam to finish everything off with. It was supposed to be at 2, but I didn't get to go until after 3. It went pretty well I think, but it was a huge waste of time really. I'm glad to be done with school and have some totally free time in the city before heading home.

So far it's been nice seeing them and we've had some pretty good meals. We had dinner twice at an Italian restaurant, which was really good. I had Penne Calabrese one night and Pizza another. Tonight we're having dinner at a pretty nice restaurant, I'm hoping it lives up to expectations. We also got lunch at the Bombay Palace, which was good as always. If I haven't mentioned it before, it's an Indian restaurant that we've been to numerous times, very good.

Today my parents spent time at the Louvre while I ran around doing some last minute stuff. I pretty much have everything done, like stuff I need to buy etc. Also, I had to run back to my homestay quickly. I accidentally left with the key, so I had to return that before heading out for good.

Tomorrow we're going to Musée d'Orsay and Saturday to Versailles. The weather has been really rainy so we pushed back Versailles and unless tomorrow is really nice for some reason, skipping Giverny. It will definitely be nice to see Versailles again and the gardens will be much nicer than when I saw them 2 years ago.

Finally, Sunday I'm heading home! My flight leaves just after 9 I believe and I'll be back in the 'States between 3 and 4. I'd be back a lot earlier, but I have to stop over in Hamburg.. thank you Lufthansa. Looking forward to being back!

No comments: